I realised this brokenness because I'm mucking around with GitHub Actions as I've not used it before (I'm on Bitbucket and Pipelines for fairly obvious reasons).

Actions is interesting, though there's a lot more boilerplate compared to Bitbucket Pipelines in several cases, primarily with dependency caching but also with using secrets. .

Show thread

I just discovered that some of my website tests are now broken because I hard-coded some timestamps for the "expected" values, and they were in daylight savings, so now that we're out of daylight savings, they're all an hour off.

Have I mentioned recently how much I _hate_ working with timezones?

God DAMN it's satisfying when you finally crack a problem you've been bashing your head against for ages.

I should clarify that doing the direct-post-to-my-website thing is comparatively recent (since I moved to Mastodon full time). I was saving images and messages when posting to birbsite for a couple of years, but the bulk of my old images all went to Tumblr, but fortunately I'd designed my API such that I could point a small Node app at the Tumblr API and the other end at my website and I was able to suck in all the posts and images along with original post dates and tags!

Show thread

Coding, nerd things 

Awww yiss, my website (virtualwolf.org) might LOOK identical to how it was previously, but I've actually done a _full_ rewrite of the entire thing to go from Sails.js (a web framework based on Express) to raw Express and TypeScript!


Mastodon.ART — Your friendly creative home on the Fediverse! Interact with friends and discover new ones, all on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free. Admin: @Curator. Moderators: @EmergencyBattle, @ScribbleAddict, @TapiocaPearl, @Otherbuttons, @katwylder