In this week's report I look at quality of life improvements, as well as some brief news regarding release.
I had to code an HTML page with a table layout for this week's Drugs & Wires update. Felt like i was back in 2003 again
Some days, #gamedev goes well. Other days, you try to put one (1) animation into your game and discover bugs in four separate places, only two of which are related to animations.
A drawback to having my own Discord server is I post my WIPs there, feel like my social media quota is filled, and neglect to post anything anywhere that people can actually see it 8D
Finally starting to draw the humans of the village in Vytvalen. There aren't even that many but I'm dreading drawing and animating them.
So hey I made functioning tiny guillotine necklaces.
Like the blade will actually drop if you hold it upright and let go.
Finally did some more work on Vytvalen :D
Nothing pretty to show, but I
- added Lua scripting and a dialogue display system
- rewrote the camera to be swooshier and easier to customize.
The Lua stuff probably won't be very useful in Vytvalen because it has no dialogue and most of the cutscenes would probably work better drawn rather than scripted, I did that mostly with a future game in mind. I'll try scripting some of the cutscenes though, might work out~
I made the webcomic Black Dram! When I'm not working on comics, I'm probably making pixelarty games.
Mastodon.ART — Your friendly creative home on the Fediverse! Interact with friends and discover new ones, all on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free. Admin: @Curator. Moderators: @EmergencyBattle, @ScribbleAddict, @TapiocaPearl, @Otherbuttons, @katwylder