Follow

Wanted to have some fun today, and because we had so much stuff done to animation I wanted to do some animation stuff. But because I had been working on the manual as well, I decided to go for a turntable of Kiki, crossing Tyson's own model sheets of her with my own stylisations.

This is nowhere near finished. I think I'll first target getting the base body smooth and then the clothes and all that detail.

Okay, after 2 days the base body done. I decided to make the top view from which I am projecting a little bit more precise, which was a good idea because the feet turned out to be a bit flakey.

I feel a little weird for detailing her hips this much, but at the same time the prime reason I wanted to make this is because I couldn't tell where the hips were on Tyson's model sheet.

It's still popping a little here and there, but I'll look at that later.

Managed to get the hands done(don't look too closely though O_O).

I thought I'd be able to do the tail today as well, but I barely slept last night and that tail is actually super complicated so very quickly I ended up with a gazillion lines wcich all didn't make sense. I will proly trash the current tail and appoach it differently. (The tail also needs to be less broad, looking at the reference...)

Also an attempt at using mp4 so mastodon doesn't trash the lines. EDIT: Nope.

Spent the most of the day on this. After another scrapped attempt I decided to simplify the tail massively, as using the three-tiered version made me go cross-eyed.

This version of the tail still pops all over the place and is 16frames as opposed to the rest of the body(which is 32 frames). On top of that, the tail still ended up massively sketchy as I couldn't ink it properly with the huge size each line has. I suspect I'll have to reink it later... again :/

continuing with this. Did the hair, then scrapped it, did it again... My problem is that there's no real way for me to work on this piece comfortably, and I pushed it too far with 32 frames, so I am getting some serious project fatigue on this.

Furthermore, the file is significantly taxing enough that it crashes Krita with out of memory crashes.

I think I'll just give her some clothes, color the whole thing and then be done with it. Was just supposed to be a reference anyway.

Okay, I've put her some clothes on during , but I think I'll quite working on her for now.

I might instead try to model her in , or try to redo this sheet when transformation masks are finally in .

For now, this is a pretty decent turntable of Kiki, I attached 3/4th(because masto doesn't allow more than 4 images) of her turntable as sheet so others have a good Kiki reference if they ever wanted to draw her.

@ChrisTalleras Thanks! I am mostly seeing the little mistakes and errors right now >_<

@Wolthera Don't forget, finished not perfect! You will always improve and find more mistakes. Find a process that is manageable and efficient in a way that it don't take you down. Can't wait to see this finished 😀

@pollomostro Thanks! I feel a bit annoyed that I couldn't get her 100% perfect, but sometimes you just need to finish a project and not keep poking it endlessly.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon.ART

Mastodon.ART — Your friendly creative home on the Fediverse! Interact with friends and discover new ones, all on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free. Admin: @Curator. Moderators: @EmergencyBattle, @ScribbleAddict, @Adamk678, @Otherbuttons, @katwylder