You can listen on the page, or with your preferred podcast client.
There's also text transcriptions, show notes, and a proper explanation of the term 'kazumpet'.
I hope you enjoy the first episode, and share the link anywhere that might enjoy hearing from a couple of clowns embarassing themselves with a microphone.
Found myself speaking with the parent of a small child I was amusing* at a restaurant:
"Are you an actor?"
"Not exactly. Why do you ask?"
"Well, you're very animated..."
"And yet, you didn't ask if I was a cartoon."
*OK, truth be told, we were amusing each other.
it's my birthday. if you'd like to help me celebrate, here's what you can do:
* be kind to yourself. this could be buying a lil treat, eating a favorite meal, sleeping in, taking a long bath, embracing your cringe, forgiving yourself for a mistake, whatever
* if you have the resources, support someone or something who needs it, whether that be giving time, money, energy, kind words, whatever you feel able to do. and if you don't feel able to do anything, refer back to the first request
Code of Conduct: https://dougbelshaw.com/blog/2022/09/13/exercise-cafe-registrations/
"I found these centuries-old comics about people with 'super powers'. Did people really have those?"
"No, people have never had- Heh. Well, some did. People like us did."
"Like us? But we're nothing special, there's nothing unusual about us."
"In those days, we were invisible."
#MicroFiction #TootFic #SmallStories #BiVisibilityDay
Once again it's Wednesday, and that means time for another night with the (actual) clowns in the #CircusInPlace video chat.
We'll be in the chat practicing our circus skills starting at 8pm UTC-5, and there well into the wee hours of the night/next morning.
Come by and say hello. Your company would be most appreciated.
XP from birdsite
Sick of events starting with the chair saying "We've made it work during COVID, but it's so much better in person."
Instead try "We want to make sure everyone can engage with the debate remotely. Remote access is critical to help engage with marginalised groups."
When people say they have nothing to hide, let's reply:
* Post your passwords here
* Write down everybody you hate
* Tell the world who you voted for
* List all the videos you watched
- Medical history.
- Sensitive conversations with employers, children, spouses.
- Billing and banking information.
- Purchase information.
- Web search history.
I need privacy. Not because my actions are questionable, but because 'your' judgement and intentions are.
And it doesn't matter whether or not my communications are weighty or frivolous in nature - they are mine and only for those whom I've chosen to share them with. Not the government's, nor goog's, nor my ISP's, but mine.
Also, what is legal where I live today, may not be legal tomorrow and my discussion of it may incriminate my future self. It has happened in the past many times to others in other places.
I'm like "meeeh, there's nothing to read on Gemini" and then @kelbot posts a new #Smolzine.
It's a really good one!
Lets crowd source a minidisc playlist. *Final Track List*
Ok, submissions are in and here is the track list for anyone that wants to listen along.
Fedi Mix Disc #1
Track - Artist
1. Nemesis - Shriekback
2. Spam - Save Ferris
3. Robot Rock - Daft Punk
4. Roll Over Beethoven - Electric Light Orchestra (11 min version)
5. Toothache - Topaz Jones
6. King of the World - Steely Dan
7. Simone - Mel Stone
8. I Wanna Sex You Up - Color Me Badd
9. Walking on the Moon - Cas Haley
10. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (version from Secret World Live)
11. Ephemeral (This is No Heaven) - The Lucy Show
12. System Shock - MASTER BOOT RECORD
13. I Love Music - The O'Jays
14. Hootsforce - Gloryhammer
15. Don't Come Around Here No More (Please) - The Brave Little Abacus
16. The Sun Goes Down (Living It Up) - Level 42
17. Stolen Diamonds - The Cat Empire
18. Age of Consent - New Order
P.S. I'm not sure I found the correct version of Roll Over Beethoven. The ones I found are either around 5 mins or a little over 8 mins.
In an attempt to describe the #CircusInPlace video chat, I came up with this:
"An online rest stop for the psyche."
Come join us for a bit of pleasant conversation, unapologetic absurdity, and clowns doing handstands...all in one virtual room tonight starting at 8pm UTC-5:
I've been described by reliable sources as a zen fool, benevolent super villain, misanthropic community leader, clown father figure and Impish Cabaret Rasputin.
Mastodon.ART — Your friendly creative home on the Fediverse! Interact with friends and discover new ones, all on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free. (翻译：DeepL)mastodon.art是艺术家和艺术爱好者的空间，而不是政治内容的空间--有许多其他的fediverse实例，你可以加入以获得更多的一般内容(而且你仍然可以从任何实例中关注你在.art上的朋友)；见https://instances.social :)