Hey! How long does it typically take you to do each of the following in your creative process:
1. Research for a project? (Gathering facts, reference images, inspiration?)
2. Sketch (or make first draft) ?
3. Inks (or edit and refine work) ?
4. Color (finish, rewrite, or finalize piece with finishing touches)?
I'm mostly not kidding on this, but my medium is board games so 🤷
@RC the more layers something has the more time it'll take :D
@RAPIDPUNCHES I'm hoping that with my new industry contacts and work flow I can flatten the timeline to weeks as an answer to the first two questions and months as an answer to the last two.
@RC That's really cool
@adamk678 Thanks! I'm wired for it! Making little rulesets comes naturally to me.
Just need more grit to do the finishing part of projects!
@RC Oh same here on that last bit
For fanfiction, not original work:
1. about half an hour depending on how much of the fandom i remember
2. 45 minutes if i'm focused for 1000-1500 words
3. 30 minutes to an hour depending on how happy i am with the work
4. like 10 lol
@RAPIDPUNCHES For a single full-body character:
1. 1-2 hours
2. ~1 hour
3. ~2 hours
4. 1-3 hours depending on style
2. Minutes in public transportation
4. Hours, preferentialy du ring à stormy night
@RAPIDPUNCHES for my own projects I gotta say
1. It probably takes multiple days to get hit with a good joke to get one of my strips running. Sometimes it takes a full couple of weeks, sometimes three minutes.
2. What first draft?
3. Line art takes about half an hour for a page. I generally write down whatever I have in my head for the dialogue, but I’ve never spent time scripting a strip.
4. Colors and finishing can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, depends on the complexity.
Mastodon.ART — Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want & not just art of all types: links, pictures, text, video. All on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free. Moderators: @Curator @ChrisTalleras @EmergencyBattle @ScribbleAddict @Adamk678