@Artha I don't know about deleting specific nodes, but there is the "Path > Simplify", which appears to optimize the nodes. I can't remember if you can target a particular subset of nodes.
I think I found a way
1. Select Node to be removed
2. "Break path at selected node" in the toolbar
3. There are now two nodes at that location. Delete them.
4. Select the two new endnodes
5. "Join selected endnodes with new path" in toolbar
There's no way to do this with keyboard shortcuts, and it should definitely be easier.
@Artha Inkscapes secret tag line is: where there's a will, there's a preference. Probably.
I actually get annoyed by the same auto shape option myself.
Mastodon.ART — Your friendly creative home on the Fediverse! Interact with friends and discover new ones, all on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free. Admin: @Curator. Currently active moderators: @ScribbleAddict, @TapiocaPearl, @Otherbuttons, @Eyeling, @ljwrites